Poll: Have you RPed before? Are you interested in RPing?
Yes, I have RPed before, and would like to do it again with the guild.
Yes, I have RPed before, but would not like to RP again.
No, I have not RPed before, but would like to try it out.
No, I have not RPed before, and would not like to try it.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who here has role-played before or is interested in RPing?
12-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Who here has role-played before or is interested in RPing?
Just wondering who here might be interested in getting together to do some casual RP.

I found this website to be the online hub of roleplaying in GW2. This forum post has a bunch of links to RPing for beginners (like me): http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/for...arted-here

[Image: 975d0f3fa9ae4330.png]
12-03-2012, 03:17 PM
RE: Who here has role-played before or is interested in RPing?
I've tried Rp before, but it was some funky sex thing....kinda silly too, Pixel love baby! Big Grin

[Image: fa5ba0e66c8126b8.png]
12-03-2012, 03:28 PM
I've done some to apoint but I'm not very efficient, I can jump into a character very well. But it takes too much time to make a plot for me. I wouldn't mind doing this once a week maybe.

[Image: zabukoori.jpg]
12-03-2012, 05:09 PM
I love to roleplay let's do it and I will keep a record of all our adventures in a fan fiction on the forums!
12-03-2012, 10:36 PM
ill have to read the link and get back to you
12-03-2012, 10:53 PM
I've never done any real hard core RPing online, though I'll make up stories for more sandboxy games like the TES games. They have some story, but your characters back story is always up for grabs, plus what you do after the main quest is really determined by you.
12-04-2012, 01:17 AM
I quite enjoy RP. Did alot of it when I played Tabula Rasa, also used to do alot of story based RP on AvP.net and on my own clansite a few years ago also.

You can definintely consider me interested if it's done properly.

Join Ebonhawke on Facebook

XII Gauge Gaming
12-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Great, I'm happy that we have so much interest!

I don't know the first thing about role playing 'properly' so the most I can do is help us set a time and date. We can meet some time over the weekend. I'm thinking around noon EST? I can put up another poll for your preferred times.

How casual or structured do you want this to be? I'm assuming a once per week thing for a couple hours is good enough. Do we want to start entirely new characters and make a continuous story? Or take existing characters, have them "meet" and go on random adventures? Do we want detailed backstories?

Does one of our more experienced players want to take charge?

[Image: 975d0f3fa9ae4330.png]
12-04-2012, 10:03 AM
I used to RP, but I got pretty tired of it, because too many people took it to the sex angle, thus most "stories" began to be about that in some way because most other angles were too slow and boring, so it just wasn't fun. Based on the RPing I've seen on Tarnished Coast, this hasn't changed too much, as of the dozen or so groups I've come across doing it while I've been leveling up, maybe only 2 haven't been sexualizing it in some way.

Now I realize that as a family friendly Guild, we wouldn't be doing that, but my experiences have still set me so far away from a desire to RP in a game like this, that I just don't see ever participating in an RP like that, again.

[Image: sig01dmsmall_zps1f1f5896.png]
12-04-2012, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 10:20 AM by ObieMVy.)
RP does interest me, but with how little time I have for GW2 lately, I doubt I would have the time to properly role play with you all...

ERP does not interest me, but I know we wouldn't be doing that anyways. That would break the foundation of the rules of the guild lol Tongue

-Obie - Member of Ebonhawke