Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good apps for an Android tablet?
12-06-2012, 08:30 AM
RE: Good apps for an Android tablet?
I was specifically looking at SwiftKey 3 Tablet reviews for the Nexus 7 by users. In all honesty, and I went and bought it anyways. The standard keyboard just didn't cut it for landscape typing, and and everywhere I looked said SwiftKey was the program to get. It did crash on set up and restarted my tablet the first time I ran it, but after that I haven't had any problems.

[Image: 864a000e2f1454f4.png]
12-10-2012, 09:41 AM
(12-06-2012 08:30 AM)Iskandr Wrote:  It did crash on set up and restarted my tablet the first time I ran it, but after that I haven't had any problems.

Good, i hope it continues working for you. I've had no probs with it on my nexus.

A media app i like is BS Player. I downloaded BS player and MX player, because MX seemed the THE player to get. However, I have a movie file that seems to give most media players a REALLY hard time, and is therefore one of my tests for a new media player. MX did not play it, BSplayer did.

Nexus media importer has also been great to transfer files off my usb drive.

[Image: dwarriorsig150h.png]
12-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Good to know, and thank you for the advice. I haven't used it much as a media player. It is mainly for school. I've been transfering a lot of my research, class work, and such to Google Drive for ease of access. As time goes on, I'll probably use it for music and such, but I've got my smartphone for that too.

12-16-2012, 12:32 PM
I looked into BS and MX player, but I'm not big on watching movies just yet. I just don't feel like using up the space on my device for movies, and if I really want to stream something, I have Netflix. For now, I ended up downloading the trial for PowerAmp because it supports WMA. Most of my music is in WMA because my wife and I both own WP7 devices, and I used to have a Zune. It's a nice little music player, but that is all it does. The only problem I have it is I have to create a playlist if I don't want to listen to my entire library, but that is a minor annoyance.

12-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Just found a good trading post app. It shows trends, min sell, and max buy. If you had time to sit with it, you could probably play the market pretty well. Definitely an essential Android app for any of us!